WhatAVenture is media owner, operator and responsible for the content of this website.
Office: Markhofgasse 19, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Telephone: +43 720 513 800
Markhofgasse 19, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Company registration no: fn 581173t
Company registered at: Commercial Court Vienna
VATregistration no: ATU78184938, Managing Directors: Max Ditzel, Stefan Peintner
Piazza Fiera 1, 39100 Bolzano, Italy
VAT registration no: IT03034250211
Managing Directors: Stefan Peintner, Stefan Perkmann Berger
All rights reserved. Texts, images, graphics, sound, animations and videos and their arrangement on the WhatAVenture websites, are protected by copyright and other protective laws. The content of this website must not be copied, distributed, altered, or made available to third parties for commercial purposes. Some website pages also contain images copyrighted by third parties.
Photo credits: All Images by WhatAVenture, Envato Elements, Pexels, Depositphotos – unless otherwise specified.
On our websites We may offer products or services for (pre-)purchase with the goal of validating your interest in these products or services. These products or services might be part of an innovation project still under development, might never be commercialized or you might not be able to finalize the purchasing process. All publications and offers on our websites are non-binding. They only serve to provide information and/or to gather your interest in the presented products or services.
WhatAVenture does not accept any liability for the up-to-dateness, accuracy and completeness of the content provided on this website. The same applies to the contents of external websites to which this website directly or indirectly refers by means of hyperlinks and over which WhatAVenture has no influence.
last update September 1, 2022
WhatAVenture understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Sites and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Sites;
means WhatAVenture GmbH, a company registered at the Commercial Court Vienna, Austria under 581173t, whose registered address is Markhofgasse 19, 1030 Vienna, Austria and extends to our subsidiaries and affiliates, including: WhatAVenture SRL, registered at the Commercial Court Bolzano, Italy under 03034250211, whose registered address is Piazza Fiera 1, 39100 Bolzano (BZ), Italy; WhatAVenture Group GmbH, registered at the Commercial Court Vienna, Austria under 399627m, whose registered address is Markhofgasse 19, 1030 Vienna, Austria; WhatAVenture Beteiligungs GmbH, registered at the Commercial Court Vienna, Austria under 546448 a, whose registered address is Markhofgasse 19, 1030 Vienna, Austria;
2. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
3. What Data Do We Collect?
- Business/company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Geographic information such as country/post code
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- Referring source/medium (utm parameters such as “source”, “medium”, “content”, “term” and “campaign”), your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
4. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU GDPR Regulation. For more details on security see section 5, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our Sites
- Providing and managing your access to Our Sites
- Supplying Our products and services to you, e.g. online shop orders or downloading our free resources, e.g. whitepapers and cheat sheets
- Registering your interest in products or services currently in development and providing you with updates on such developments
- Personalizing and tailoring Our products and services for you
- Responding to communications from you and initiating communication (e.g. via e-mail or telephone) with you in regard of specific business opportunities
- Supplying you with e-mail, e.g. our newsletter with news & business opportunities in the innovation sphere, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe, opt-out or change your info at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of an e-mail or sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Analyzing your use of Our Sites and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Sites and your user experience
For our newsletter and other e-mail marketing campaigns as well as statistics on user behavior we may use services provided by third party providers, including Mailchimp, Hubspot, Pipedrive, Hotjar, Webflow, Zapier, Microsoft, Typeform and Google Analytics (please refer to section 11 regarding the full list of cookies used on this site).
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by e-mail or telephone with information, news and offers on Our programs, projects, products, and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR regulation.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
5. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 4, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy. Our Data Retention Policies are:
5.1.1. Unless we are legally binded to storing the specific data, data will be removed if the person requests us to do so by either replying to one of our messages or sending an e-mail to email@example.com
5.1.2. Company data will be removed if we are informed that the company no longer operates.
5.1.3. Personal data will be removed if we are informed that he/she has deceased.
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Sites and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Sites.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- All non-personally-identifying information, potentially personally-identifying and personally identifying information described above is stored on restricted database servers.
- Access to systems is SSL/TLS secured by default where-ever possible.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
6. Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data with our subsidiaries and affiliates as described in section 1.
We may also share your data with other companies we are cooperating with, e.g. the client/host of an event/initiative/program etc. you explicitly applied for.
We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Sites including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, clients, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
7. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
8. How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Sites, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our e-mails and by managing your Account).
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in your country. These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
9. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
You may access certain areas of Our Sites without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Sites you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section 4 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 14, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
10. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
11. What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
11.2. By using Our Sites you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for analytics, location, and social sharing services. For more details, please refer to section 4, above, and to section 11.5 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
11.3. Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
11.4. Certain features of Our Site might depend on Cookies to function. EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 11.7, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
11.5. Our Site uses analytics services provided by third parties, Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Sites. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Sites and the products and services offered through them. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Sites, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Sites use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Sites and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalization settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Please refer to the following text regarding the cookies used on this site:
12. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 13 below).
13. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
13.1 In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
13.2 The right described in section 13.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorized by law; or
- You have given you explicit consent.
13.3 Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
13.4 We currently make the following automated decisions:
Data entered in order to download one of our free resources (e. g. whitepapers, studies), set-up a call or purchase products/services, will be stored and processed to contact the person via e-mail or phone based on the person’s specific interest and to discuss a potential business collaboration.
14. Contacting Us